I've had quite a long break from blogging, but I wanted to check in. I'm currently training for the Ogden Marathon on May16. For those of you who don't know, I will actually run the entire 26.2 miles (minus walking breaks once in a while). The kids are excited to participate in the KidsK which is a one mile run at the end of the marathon run.
Training for this long run is killing me. Right now I feel like my Saturdays are completely wasted. My runs are taking about 3 hours on Saturdays, and then I am exhausted for a few hours while I try to recover from the run. My knees bug me for at least 40 hours after my long runs, and I'm just a bum about it. Emily asked me a couple of weeks ago if it was worth it because I could hardly walk after my 14 mile run. I told her it was because the pain is only temporary. . . I think I've gone crazy :)
So, anyway I'm sitting (practically laying) here on my bed with Ainsley (being a bum). I thought I would actually post something. . .
I'm totally grateful for friends. God has blessed me with a great support network, and you ladies know who I'm talking about. You keep me sain in this crazy life of mine. Thanks to everyone. . . I love you guys!
Additionally, I tried out for the local community play of My Fair Lady (thanks to Ann for helping me get ready for the audition) and made it to callbacks, but it wound up that I couldn't participate because of the Trek. Ryan and I have been called (yes it's a calling and we were set apart) to be a Ma & Pa for the youth Trek in June. It has almost the same dates as the play. I'm more excited to be involved with the youth again. I miss being young women's president (I know I'm cursing myself to get the calling again), and I think it will be a great experience.
I ripped out the floor in my laundry room, and moved the washer and dryer downstairs. I'm hoping to actually finish building stairs over spring break this week so we can get to the new laundry room without having to jump, but life has a way of throwing curve balls, and I've been jumping downstairs for over a month now :) The old laundry room is now half the size, and will be converted into a pantry with floor to ceiling cabinets and maybe some counter space (I havn't decided yet), but that will have to wait until the end of May.
Upon ripping out my floor, we encountered a problem with the ancient wiring in our house, so now we are compelled to upgrade our breaker box (yeah - I can now have enough breakers to redo some wiring in my house). I think I'll be busy all summer replacing all the old wiring in my house. Another project that will probably stay just half finished :). . .
I don't think I have completely finished any of the remodeling projects I have started. My kitchen still has mud in some spots and outlets that have no power (waiting for that breaker box upgrade); the living room does not have window sills or the the metal strip between the carpet and entryway flooring; the bedroom was barely started, and the upstairs bathroom is completely ripped apart (the sink is on the floor). I get so bored with a project by the time everything is livable.
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment