Life is what you make of it. Usually Mother's Day is a dreaded day in our house. I always get frustrated with having to get the kids ready for church by myself and Ryan forgetting the day is even arriving. This year Ryan actually remember early enough to get a gift. It was thoughtful too, an armband for my Zune (mp3 player), which I have wanted for a while, but couldn't get myself to spend the money on it.
The boys both smothered me with hugs and loves this morning, and they are finally old enough to think unselfishly, and they kept it up the whole morning. I took time for myself by doing my hair and makeup - more than the usual five minute routine, and it was okay for Ainsley's hair to just be combed and not up in pigtails for the day.
We came home from church to have TV dinners, and the boys made magic cookie bars that were 120 calories each - mmmmmmm good. Ryan came home from work in a good mood. I couldn't have asked for a better day. Life is good.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I am so glad you had a happy day! I am sorry our conversation got interuped so many times at church - come over and sing and we will try to finish it up!
Where did you go?
Post a Comment