Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wow. . .

We went to the Weezer concert last night and it was AMAZING!!!! Thanks to Emily and Audrey who kept my kids for so long. Ryan and I really bonded. I get so crazy at concerts, but this one was worth it! My favorite part was right after the Hootenanny everyone cleared the stage. The crowd started chanting "WEEZER! WEEZER! WEEZER!" A techy came onstage and put a record player in the center, and then put a red Weezer record on and started the track. It started playing Heart Songs. Then at the part where the song comes to singing about the Nirvana album Rivers comes out and kicks over the record player and starts playing Nirvana's Sliver. Being almost 10 years older than most of the people on the floor, Ryan and I were the only ones totally rocking out to the song. It was incredible - and I don't think I have ever head banged that hard before! So much fun!!! (now, being as old as I am - I am terribly sore :))

2 comments:

Bugs said...

When I saw that you had posted I knew it would be about the Weezer concert. I'm a little jealous. Sound like fun!

saramomwifefriend said...

I couldn't not post. I can't stop talking about it. I am so excited about it I will probably be talking about it for the next month. It is probably a good idea not to sit by me at church for a while. ;)